Triangle values the ability to connect members from all over the country in an effort to share best practices, socialize, learn, challenge and create. For the 2017-2018 year, we will be looking for chapters that are excelling in various areas of chapter operations to host a Chapter-Drive In.
Host chapters would use this opportunity to educate, train, and support local chapters in areas that they have found success in (i.e. recruitment, academics, risk management, budgeting, alumni relations, programming).
Host Chapter Responsibilities:
- Work with local chapters to determine the most convenient date
- Secure spaces on campus to host sessions
- Secure audio visual (if needed)
- Manage event logistics
- Develop the day’s agenda (it can be a half-day or full day)
- Determine what the day will look like (i.e. breakout sessions, presentations, round tables, etc.)
- Secure food & drinks
- Assist in marketing the event
Triangle HQ Would Assist in the Following Ways:
- Set up the registration site
- Assist in event marketing
- Guide, support, and advise chapters in the planning stages
- Send a staff member or councilman representative to event
- Reimburse chapter for costs
Who Should Attend?
Chapter Drive-In’s are open to all active, new, and alumni members. Programming will be targeted to active members and would benefit members of all-age.
What Should I Expect?
Expect to spend your Saturday or Sunday at one of Triangle’s chapter host campuses. The length of the program will depend on the host-chapter but plan to spend no longer than six-hours at the Drive-In.
The structure of the event will depend on the host-chapter as well. Generally, you can expect a combination of open discussions, presentations, and round tables with host-chapter leadership discussing an area/areas of their chapter operations in which they have found success. Host-chapters will use the Drive-In as an opportunity to offer peer-to-peer advice and guidance in recruitment, risk management, academics, philanthropy, programming, etc.
Dates, times, and locations will be announced in early fall.
How Can My Chapter Host?
Chapters who are interested in hosting a Chapter Drive-In should consider the following:
- Are you located in a saturated geographic area that will make it easy for other chapters to travel to?
- Has your chapter experienced success in an operational area (i.e. recruitment, risk management, academics programming, etc.)?
- Are your members committed to successfully executing the event from start to finish?
- Are you passionate about creating relationships and partnerships with other Triangle chapters?
If you are interested in hosting a Chapter Drive-In, please e-mail Director of Chapter Services, Drew Hopson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Drive-In’s can occur in both the fall and spring semesters; however, fall tends to be more successful. Chapters will be given date preference on a first-come first serve basis.