We are pleased you and your student are taking time to learn about our organization. Founded in 1907 at the University of Illinois, Triangle Fraternity is the nation’s premier fraternal organization for men pursuing degrees in Engineering, Architecture, and the Sciences. Over 100 years later, Triangle Fraternity continues to provide personal and professional development opportunities for our undergraduate and alumni members.
As our non-Greek letter name suggests, we are a bit different than other men’s social fraternities. We support scholarship and the attainment of a degree first and provide social outlets to compliment the academic experience. In essence, we take smart, focused men and provide the social and leadership skills to make them well-rounded graduates.
Over the course of history Triangle and its members have achieved the following:
- Over 28,000 men initiated.
- Over 22,000 living members and 1,400 undergraduate men.
- Triangle brothers have served as CEOs for industry-leading organizations such as Shell Oil, AT&T and Blizzard Entertainment, and are successful leaders in education, medicine, technology, government/military and in law.
- As your student pursues an engineering, architecture, or science degree, he will have the ability to network with our alumni – from those who are running international corporations to those in start-up industries in his field of study.
- With our focus on academics and professional development, Triangle brothers take their studies seriously and regularly place high in GPA rankings among their peer organizations. We also graduate at higher rates than non-fraternity men.
- Our Fraternity’s dedication to risk management has led to a sparse insurance claim history, which enables us to maintain one of the lowest insurance premium rates of all men’s fraternities.
Triangle supports education and the attainment of a technical degree, but also emphasizes preparing for life after college. I think you will agree our Code of Ethics is wise guidance for any young man looking for success in life.
Please feel free to contact us at (317) 837-9640 if you have any questions or concerns, or email us via our contact form HERE. Either way, we’re glad to hear from you!
Tom C. Pennington, Executive Director