2019 Convention Countdown
- Installing the National Council
- Enacting legislation for the regulation of the Fraternity
- Providing education for active and alumni members
- Offering opportunities for socializing and networking among brothers
- Honoring chapters and members
- Inducting the 2018 & 2019 classes of the Wall of Fame
One of the more important decisions a chapter makes is the selection of its delegate(s) to the National Convention, because all formal action taken at the National Convention is the result of democratic voting, and it is typical for chapter delegates to constitute 65 to 75 percent of the total vote. Those with voting privileges at the National Convention include:
- Active chapter delegates (2 per chapter)
- Active chapter alumni delegate
- Alumni association delegate
- Members of the National Council
WALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
| WALL OF FAME INDUCTEES COMING SOON |
SPEAKERS & EDUCATIONAL TOPICS
| PROGRAM TOPICS & SPEAKER BIOS COMING SOON |
CONVENTION & LEGISLATION PROPOSALS
INDY ATTRACTIONS & EVENTS
Suggested Attractions & Events:
- Indianapolis Zoo/White River Gardens
- Children’s Museum
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Indiana State Museum
- Eiteljorg Museum
- NCAA Hall of Champions Museum
- Lucas Oil Stadium
| VisitIndy |
- Indianapolis Airport rental car and ground transport options: https://www.indianapolisairport.com/transportation-car-rental
- Rental cars average about $50 per day, but you will have to pay for parking also.
- Estimated Taxi fare from the airport to Hyatt is $35.
- Estimated Uber/Lyft fares from the airport to Hyatt are: UberX – $22; UberXL – $36; Lyft and LyftXL are approximately the same. (Fares can rise during peak traffic periods.)
- Indianapolis “Go Green” Express bus from the airport to Convention Center is $12 per person. The shuttle operates from 5 AM to 11 PM, every half-hour, 7 days a week. Priority is given to online reservations and cash is not accepted. Learn more/Make a reservation here: https://www.goexpresstravel.com/indy_express
2019 Convention Program Book
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE?
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
WEDNESDAY, JULY 17
Opening Session: Business casual*
Evening Activities: Casual*
THURSDAY, JULY 18
Morning Programs: Business casual
College Night Banquet: Casual college-wear
FRIDAY, JULY 19
Legislation: Business casual
Friday Fun Day: Casual (dress for your activity)
SATURDAY, JULY 20
Morning Programs: Business*
Evening Celebration: TBD
Business Casual- Collared shirts, dress slacks or khakis, closed-toe shoes
Casual- Shorts, polo, t-shirt, jeans, tennis shoes, sandals
Business- Tie, sports coat/blazer, dress slacks, closed-toe shoes
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- A water bottle to keep with you throughout the day
- Personal toiletries
- A camera to document convention memories
- Sunscreen and a hat
- Spending money for any meals outside of the convention schedule
- A notebook for notes during legislation or educational programs
- A business card (if you have one) so that you can network with brothers
- Your favorite college shirt or outfit for our College Night Banquet
- Your favorite Triangle gear!
HOW DO I CHECK-IN?
Upon check-in, you will receive your name tag, the convention program which includes the week’s schedule and program descriptions, and any other important materials that will assist you throughout the week.
ARE MEALS PROVIDED?
- Thursday 7/18 boxed lunch
- Thursday 7/18 College Night dinner
- Friday 7/19 BBQ at Victory Field
- Saturday 7/20 Wall of Fame Luncheon
Food will also be served at the welcome reception on Thursday 7/18 and closing banquet on 7/20. Please be sure to select all of your meals when registering. All other meals will be on your own.
I HAVE BEEN SELECTED AS ONE OF MY CHAPTER'S VOTING DELEGATES. HOW DO I REGISTER?
While costs for Convention registration and hotel accommodations have been pre-billed for active organizations, a $30 late will is assessed for registrations after June 1.
While a hotel room is built into the National Meeting Assessment fee, after June 20th the hotel block has closed. If you are voting delegate and have registered after June 20, please email Rhonda Halcomb at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (317) 837-9640 so she may work to make hotel arrangements.
*During the registration process you have the option to add a spouse/guest, select a single room, and various other add-on’s. These items are NOT included in the pre-billed cost. In order to complete registration, you must purchase these options upon registration check-out.
HOW MANY REGISTRATION SPOTS HAS MY CHAPTER BEEN PRE-BILLED FOR?
I AM A VOTING DELEGATE BUT WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND MY STAY AT THE HOTEL OUTSIDE THE PRE-BILLED DATES. CAN I DO SO? HOW?
If you choose to extend your stay register for Convention, then book your hotel for ONLY the extended dates. After booking please notify Rhonda Halcomb at (317) 837-9640 or email email@example.com with your hotel confirmation information so we may tie your extended booking and the pre-booked Convention hotel room together. Failure to do so may result in individuals having to check out and check in multiple times during a single stay.