Initiate #30,000 Update
Triangle is about to celebrate initiate number 30,000! How long has it taken to reach this goal? Here’s a list of our significant National Serial Numbers (NSN) and years it took to reach them. National Council will approve special recognition to the Brother and Chapter when this milestone is reached.
- Richard Rockwood oks64 is NSN 10000. It took 57 years to reach that number.
- James Beit nu78 is NSN 15000 – 14 years later.
- Matthew Stamm rose91 is NSN 20000 – 13 years later.
- Samuel Scalzo pitt08 is NSN 25000 – 17 years later.
- NSN 30000 will be reached within the next few weeks. It has been 13 years since NSN 25000.
TRI-CON 2021 – Online June 26th
Triangle’s Convention for this summer has been moved online and we are moving our in-person Orlando, Florida Convention to July 7-10, 2022. To celebrate the online nature of the event, we are terming this summer’s program TRI-CON 2021. With the ease of online participation, we hope many more members than usual will be able to attend.
Chapters will be receiving more information in the coming months, but should elect delegates to participate in the online program. This will take up most of the day Saturday, June 26th and include reports from the Fraternity, Foundation and Housing Corp, Review and Votes on Legislation, Installation of the National Council, Triangle’s Wall of Fame Induction and the Chapter Awards Program.
Spring Recruitment is underway and chapters are starting to report new members. If you need assistance, contact Jim Phillips at email@example.com for help with strategy and tactics for online recruitment. Also, National Council has approved a modified Growth Incentive program that will provide a $75 credit to chapter accounts for all men pledged and initiated from July 1 to May 31. Details will be sent to chapter presidents and chapters who recruited in Fall will receive credits this month.
For those who want more/better education in organizational growth, we have an online training module here: https://buildtriangle.thinkific.com/ Create an account and start to learn!
Founders Day 2021
National Council will host a National Virtual Founders Day event on Saturday, April 17 at 3 PM EST. Join alumni and undergrads from around the world to celebrate Triangle. In addition, all chapters are called by National Council to plan and execute a Founders Day event of their own. Whether, undergrad, alumni or both; whether virtual, in-person or hybrid, chapters should make plans now.
Get resources and register your planned event at https://www.triangle.org/alumni/fdays/. If you need assistance contacting alumni or setting up your event, Director of Alumni Engagement & Stewardship Carrie Loveless welcomes the chance to help. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Desk of Rhonda…
- Spring 2021 National Active Fees are due.
- Mid-March the second half of the Annual Chapter Assessment will be sent to chapters. The alumni will also receive their invoice for one time Annual Chapter Assessment and Alumni Organization Dues.
- Late fees are no longer waived for late reporting of New Member Fees and Initiation requests. Download the notice regarding fees and deadlines HERE.
- Fees related to chapter participation in LTW will be billed this week.
- For questions about any of the above, contact Rhonda Halcomb at email@example.com
Triangle National Week of Giving – February 15-19
Plan to join us next week for Triangle’s Week of Giving! We want to raise $30,000 over the course of the week to support the Fraternity and the Foundation. We have lots of events planned for the week with some not-to-be-missed events:
- Monday night- 7pm EST- Who Your Donation Supports- a conversation with National President Joe Cerrato os05 and our LTW participants
- Tuesday night- 8pm EST- Leadership in the Tech Space with Geoff Mendal mich80
- Wednesday night- 7pm EST- How Triangle Building and Housing Corporation Makes Our Chapters Stronger- a conversation with TBHC Chairman Dick Beaubien mich64
- Thursday night- 7pm EST- Triangle Happy Hour featuring Two Truths and a Lie hosted by Jon Kuderer msoe12
The link to donate and more information can be found HERE. More info is available on our social media channels and the domain triangleweekofgiving.org should be live by this weekend.
Deadline for TEF Scholarships is March 1
If you are interested in applying for a TEF scholarship (over $100,000 is available), the deadline is March 1. See what scholarships are available and apply online here: http://www.triangleef.org/how-we-help/scholarship
Download the Triangle Building & Housing Corp. Newsletter HERE. TBHC exists to promote and support safe and healthy chapter housing. Contact TBHC Executive Director Mike Fouts at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how they can help your chapter acquire, replace, improve or manage housing for your chapter.