TRI-CON 2021 | June 26/27
Triangle’s First Virtual Convention
In an abundance of caution, National Council made the decision in January to postpone our Orlando Convention until July 7-10, 2022. However, we have business to conduct including legislative proposals, the election of Council, reports from the various entities of Triangle, and chapter and individual awards and recognitions. Therefore, we will be holding an online Convention to address this business. The event still will require chapters to elect delegates to represent them and, because it will be hosted on Zoom, you’re not bound by which members can travel or live near the event site.
TRI-CON 2021 will occur over a two-day period. Day One will be focused on business items – elections, legislation and reports. Day Two will be a celebration, including chapter and individual awards, culminating in our Building Better Men chapters with a total of $150,000 in deposits to their Chapter Endowment Funds within the Triangle Education Foundation. See the agenda below for more details. All times listed are Eastern time.
Saturday, June 26
12 PM Welcome and Introductions – Joe Cerrato os05, National President
12:20 PM Roll Call – Stuart Masuda uci07, National Secretary
12:40 PM State of Fraternity – Tom Pennington, Executive Director
1:10 PM* Legislative Business – Brian Jarman pur01 + Councilmen
– Overview & Process
– Proposal, Rationale, Impact, Q&A
– Voting by delegation (online polling)
– Court of Appeals
4 PM* State of Foundation – Scott Bova, Foundation President
4:20 PM State of TBHC – Dick Beaubien mich64, TBHC Chairman
4:40 PM Installation of Council – Dick Beaubien mich64, Former National President
4:50 PM Message from Past President – Joe Cerrato os05
5:10 PM Thank You and Adjourn
* NOTE: We are scheduling almost three hours for legislation. If we finish earlier, the rest of the schedule will be moved up after a short break.
Sunday, June 27
1 PM Welcome from New President
1:20 PM Triangle Trivia with prizes – Kevin Fong ucla84 and Merle Newlon lou73
2 PM Chapter Awards Program – Council and Staff
3:15 PM Building Better Men Awards – Scott Bova, Foundation President
3:45 PM Message from New President
4 PM Thank You and Adjourn
NOTE: The Sunday program is open to all Triangle members and friends. We ask everyone to register, so we have a record of attendance. Please register for the Sunday program here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcrd-2urzwtEtAoL0Rl6ROZJeX9eGoGaut- Registration for Saturday’s program does not automatically register you for Sunday.
Prepare to Participate
From Triangle’s Constitution and Bylaws, Article Two – Organization, Chapter One – National Convention:
Para. 4. Each voting member of National Council shall be entitled to one vote in the National Convention. Each active organization of each chapter shall be entitled to two votes in the National Convention. The delegation of the alumni organization of each chapter shall consist of at least one alumni or associate member of TRIANGLE and shall be entitled to one vote in the National Convention. Each duly recognized association shall be entitled to one vote. Members of National Council, alumni delegates and association delegates shall not be permitted to vote in more than one capacity.
1. Chapters should elect their voting delegates and have them register for Convention by May 31. Delegates then should plan to attend one of several legislative update webinars designed to introduce the legislative proposals and address questions. Participation in the webinars will help make sure your delegates have their questions and concerns addressed prior to their Convention vote, so our online time is used efficiently. Those who register will receive webinar links and will be able to download the legislation information packet.
2. Any other members of Triangle in good standing may register and attend online as non-voting participants. Saturday the program will focus mostly on business, while Sunday will be more awards and recognition. Registration is required to receive the links to participate, but some portions of Saturday’s business program and the Awards program on Sunday will be live-streamed and recorded. Delegates must register for the Saturday program, but any Triangle member or friend can register for Sunday’s program. There is no cost for registration.
3. Vote now for candidates for National Council and Triangle Building and Housing Corporation (TBHC) here: https://www.triangle.org/2021-election/ Elections are open until end of day May 31, 2021.
If you have any questions about the program or how to register delegates to represent you, contact us at email@example.com.