Journey. A passage or progress from one stage to another. This idea will guide the members of Triangle Fraternity throughout their membership experience as they try to achieve new milestones in their personal, professional, and social development.
This Journey will be comprised of four levels. In each level, members will be able to self-select activities that expose them to new ideas, prepare them for important life-lessons, and challenge them to put the lessons into practice. As members reach the next level, they will be provided with more challenging and rewarding experiences rooted in the values and Ritual of Triangle. Level 1 will focus on brotherhood and solidarity. Level 2 emphasizes personal management and cohesion, Level 3 integrity and influence. And Level 4 concentrates on authenticity and veracity.
- Individuals learn and grow through personal reflection and real-world application of concepts.
- The best trajectory for development involves a series of progressively more challenging experiences.
- Personal development depends on the individual’s readiness and sense of initiative, but brothers should provide a strong source of encouragement, learning, and support.
- In an effort to offer a compelling experience, The Journey will offer a gamification aspect. The game mechanics will drive behavioral changes in players.
- There are four types of gamers: Killer (thrives on competition), Achiever (wants to accomplish and complete), Socializer (participate for the social aspect, rather than the game itself), Explorer (wants to discover stuff).
How to Play
- Before playing, members must create an online account which will notify Triangle HQ that they are beginning the game.
- Once players are registered, they will receive a link to access a group web forum for weekly updates and support tools.
- In order to reach the next level, players will need to earn a specific number of points. Players will achieve points by unlocking badges.
- Players can unlock badges by completing various activities, which will be self-selected.
- Once a player feels that they have unlocked a badge, they will need to complete the request form located here. This form will notify Triangle HQ and result in the player receiving their badge and update to the player leaderboard.
- Players do not need to complete every activity; they simply must earn the required number of points to level up.
- The primary focus of players should be to unlock badges and earn the required points to level up; however, highest scores will be calculated at the end of every year and will be awarded prizes.
- By participating in this program, players will be able to identify the values and mission of Triangle.
- By participating in this program, players will be able to develop lasting meaningful relationships.
- By participating in this program, players will have an increased level of self-awareness.
- By participating in this program, players will be able to identify at least three interests or passions.
- By participating in this program, players will see improvement in at least one area (physical, mental, social, professional).
- By participating in this program, players will get connected to the National Organization.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to play?
Nothing! It is free to play!
How do I get started?
If The Journey sounds like something you are interested in, you just have to sign up and start selecting the activities that you want to complete.
How do I level up?
You level up by earning the specified number of points. You earn points by unlocking certain badges, and you unlock badges by completing activities.
Does my Chapter play any role in The Journey?
Yes and no. There is nothing that is required of the chapter or a certain position. We would, however, recommend that the individual that is responsible for your member education offers programs and opportunities that can help members unlock badges.
I want to play but I am a Senior, is there still time?
Of course! There are no player requirements, except that you are a Triangle active member, new member, or alumnus.While a lot of the level one activities are geared towards new members, there are still plenty of opportunities for any age to participate in. Plus- no one is saying you can’t complete the activities geared for new members! It never hurts to have a refresher.
What are the weekly challenges?
Weekly challenges will be at random and will be communicated to players via social media. Challenges may include responding to an e-mail from HQ, sharing a picture on Facebook, retweeting an event announcement, or answering a trivia question.
How do you win?
There isn’t an overall winner in The Journey because the game really never ends. There is, however, opportunities for you to be a high scorer each year and take home additional prizes! You can view the leaderboard here.