NEW EDUCATION FEE PROPOSAL PASSES
During Triangle’s online Convention, the proposal to create a new Education Fee passed with an almost unanimous vote in favor. This fee makes it possible to reduce the National Active Fee and can be paid by funds from Chapter Endowment Funds within the Triangle Education Foundation. The result should be an overall reduction in the cost of membership for many chapters (get more details on the Ed Fee here: https://www.triangle.org/nefproposal/.
This legislation will need to be ratified by chapters to make it a part of the Constitution, so chapters should be ready for a ratification vote during their first meeting back on campus in the Fall. Chapters will receive information on the ratification process in August, as well as ballots to record their votes. We recommend you communicate with members before they return to campus and link them with the Ed Fee information link above, so they will be informed. The sooner the fee is ratified, the sooner chapters can benefit from the savings!
The new National Council was installed on Saturday, June 26 during the online Convention. Our thanks to Brian Jarman pur01, Immediate Past President, who finished his service on Council. Joe Cerrato os05 now takes that post while John Cottage ps04 and Ryan Sunyak tol10 step into the roles of President and Vice President, respectively. New to Council are Kevin Fong ucla84, Jake Hoppert msu10 and Active Councilman Seth Pierre is19, who takes over for Marcus Mullins tol19. The Council webpage with bios is here: https://www.triangle.org/national-leadership/national-council/
On Sunday, June 27 we broadcast a day of awards and recognition, including Triangle’s National Awards for chapters and individuals. See the list of winners and other honorees here: https://www.triangle.org/actives/national-awards/ Congratulations to Top Chapters Iowa State, Michigan State, Ohio State and Wisconsin, and to Building Better Men Chapters Michigan State ($100K), Wisconsin ($25K) and Washington ($25K)!
SUMMER GROWTH SUMMIT
In preparation for the Fall 2021 semester, the fraternity will be hosting our first ever virtual Summer Growth Summit (SGS). SGS will take place on Sunday, August 1st from 1:00 – 7:00 PM ET via Zoom. The purpose of this event is to share best recruitment practices, learn from other chapters and discuss growth strategies that will work for your chapter. Register for this event here: https://triangle.secure.force.com/pmtx/evt__conf_detail?id=a252I000004fSPLQA2
Registration is live NOW and is free for all members. All Recruitment Chairs, coordinators, committee members and new members are highly encouraged to attend. The program will include great speakers (many of whom are brothers), interactive activities, prizes for participation, AND the first 75 people to register will get a DoorDash gift card for lunch. We are looking forward to “seeing” you at this inaugural event!
2021/2022 RM FEES
Risk Management Fees will be billed to chapters the first week of August and are due by September 15, 2021 to prevent cancellation of insurance. This makes it very important that you plan now to have the funds to pay by the deadline. This is the same schedule we have used for over ten years. Estimates of your fees were sent via email to Active and Alumni Presidents and Treasurers on May 2. If you have questions about your chapter’s estimate, contact Tom Pennington (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PREPARING FOR FALL 2021
Chapters should be planning now and positioning for success in Fall. Each chapter/colony has a staff member assigned as their Growth Coach and HQ liaison. These staffers are reaching out to their chapter clients now. Here are things you can do to help:
- Connect with your staff Growth Coach to discuss your summer action plan to prepare for Fall recruitment success.
- Recruit/Appoint members to participate in the Summer Growth Summit.
- Update your chapter website and social media for students/parents looking at fraternity info during the summer.
- Make roster updates in August to remove graduating seniors and move new initiates to undergraduate status.
- Set aside funds to be able to pay Risk Management Fee bills by September 15.
- Plan ahead for in-person Fall initiations – the Short-form “virtual” initiation option expired June 30.
From the Desk of Rhonda…
- ChapterSpot will be offline in July as they upgrade their services, so please do officer/roster update in August.
- Please request Fall initiations of any remaining new members at least 14 days prior to the initiation date so staff has time to process the request and ship the approved documents, pins and badges for the new initiates in a timely manner.
- For questions about chapter accounts/balances/billings of, contact Rhonda Halcomb at email@example.com
SALE at the Triangle Merchandise Store
To clear out current inventory so we can order updated items for the new academic year, we are providing a 10% discount on all in stock items. Order online here: https://www.triangle.org/store/ and use the coupon code “SUMMER10”. In addition, you always get free shipping on orders of $125 or more.