Triangle Building & Housing Corporation Property Improvement Contest
Thank you for your interest in submitting a grant proposal for the Triangle Building and Housing Corporations Property Improvement Contest! To enter your proposal, follow the instructions below. All proposals will be considered at the next regular monthly meeting of the Property Improvement Contest Committee. For 2018-19, the maximum individual grant award is $1,000. There is $10,000 available for all grants.
All proposals will be considered against the following criteria:
- We encourage alumni participation. Points will be awarded for including alumni, with maximum points for 4+ alumni participating in the project.
- We encourage chapter members to be involved. Maximum points are awarded for 90% of the chapter being involved in the project.
- We encourage members to take a hands-on role in projects whenever feasible. Maximum points are awarded for no third parties completing the work.
- We believe that while functionality is important, so too are project appearances. Points will be awarded for aesthetic value.
- We encourage the improvement of things that will impact the most people. Points are awarded for improving or adding items that are significantly used. For example, a common room improvement for a chapter house will earn more points than a single bedroom.
- We encourage chapters to improve safety and well-being. Points will be awarded for projects that may have a positive effect on safety or on insurance rates.
- We all strive to make the world a better place. Points will be awarded for improvements that impact the greater community beyond the chapter.
- All project proposals will also be evaluated for their overall organization and “wow” factor.
To apply, please click the button below. After applying your proposal will be evaluated and grant money will be awarded to winners. If awarded funding, you must submit photos of the completed project as well as a short summary of how the project went to email@example.com. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
By entering the TBHC Property Improvement Contest, the CHapter warrants the information provided is complete and truthful. Failure to provide complete and truthful information or to mislead the Contest Committee in any way, or to not complete the work as described will be grounds to deny an award and prohibit subsequent submissions at the Committee’s and TBHC Board’s sole discretion. Should the Chapter have received any award based on incomplete, misleading, or false information or if the work as described is not completed, the Chapter shall be required to immediately refund the full award to TBHC. The individual submitting the application represents and warrants that it has the authority to bind the Chapter according to these terms.
For additional information or questions, contact TBHC Executive Director, Michael Fouts at firstname.lastname@example.org.